Many people believe that cats and dogs have different personality traits. Cats are more independent than dogs, and are less likely to be aggressive. Dogs are typically seen as more loyal and social than cats, but they also make better hunting partners.
Here is a list of 10 major personality traits that differentiate these two species:
1. Cats like to be alone and have their own space, while dogs need companionship and can’t be left alone for long periods of time.
2. Cats are more likely to take on leadership roles in the household, while dogs defer to humans as their leaders.
3. Cats prefer being close to humans, while dogs tend to like being away from people and prefer to roam freely outside.
4. Cats are generally less aggressive than dogs, but some breeds such as pit bulls may be quite violent towards other animals or people they perceive as threats or invaders in their territory.
5. Cats are more likely to be aloof and independent, while dogs are more likely to be loyal and dependent on their owners.
6. Cats generally have a high prey instinct or untamed nature, where as dogs tend to have a low prey instinct or domesticated nature.
7. Cats do not get along well with other pets in the house, but dogs can get along well with other pets in the house.
8. Cats have a life span of about 12-15 years with a few lucky ones living to 20 years or more. But on average, dogs live about 10-12 years on average and some can live up to 15 years.
9. Dogs are generally better at finding lost objects than cats because cats are more likely to not want to leave their hiding spot.
10. Cats don’t need as much exercise as dogs, but dogs can get bored quickly and need to be exercised daily or they can become destructive.
Pets Home App connecting pet lovers from all over the world who have the desire to adopt, buy and sell pets online in a safe, friendly, and completely transparent environment. Buy and adopt a dog, cat, puppy, kittens, fish, rabbits, birds and exotic pets near you or worldwide.